How to Deal with Rover Ants in Florida
If you're a Florida resident, then you've probably come across rover ants at some point. These pests can be a real nuisance, invading your home and causing damage. In this blog post, we'll answer some common questions about rover ants and provide tips on how to deal with them.
What are rover ants?
Rover ants are a common species of ant found in Florida. They get their name from their habit of roaming around on the ground searching for food. Rover ants are about an inch long and have a reddish-brown color. They are typically found in southern, coastal states.
Do rover ants bite?
No, rover ants do not bite. They do not have stingers, therefore they are known more as a nuisance pest rather than a dangerous one.
What causes rover ants in my home?
Rover ants are attracted to a few things which may be the reason why you have them in your home. Rover ants are attracted by:
- Food: They are attracted to sweets and proteins. If you have an open container of food, they will be more likely to invade.
- Water: rover ants need water to survive, so if you have a leaky faucet or water pooling near your home, they will be more likely to invade.
- Homes Near Woods: Since they are commonly found outside if your home is in the woods they will likely be nearby and can easily make their way into your home.
What home remedies can you use to get rid of rover ants?
There are several home remedies you can use to get rid of rover ants. Some popular methods include:
- Baiting them with sugar water or honey.
- Spraying them with a vinegar and water mixture.
- Placing citrus peels around your home.
- Using a commercial ant killing product.
Do DIY ant removal methods work?
Many people choose to take care of rover ant problems themselves by using home remedies. While some of these methods may work, it is important to note that they are not always 100% effective. If the problem persists or becomes too severe, it is best to call a professional pest control company like Deans Services in Central Flordia.